Help needed with iSPY and SRICAM SP008 setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LedaOhio9

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017
Good morning!

I bought a Sricam SP008 and it works fine with the software that comes with it but, the packaged software does not have motion detection.

I bought this specific camera because it was listed within iSPY as a supported camera type and yet, it is not working.

Here are some screen caps on my Dropbox that might help you help me out:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bv4makkwue5ykti/AAByeGVUpXe0xWltSoGo5fPna?dl=0

Here's the iSPY page that shows the different settings for the SP008
I have tried all of them.
The "Add Wizard" iSPY option does not find it and I am positive I have the right password username because that pass username works on the packaged software.

Here is the Sricam SP008 homepage:
http://www.sricam.com/product/id/9d5d656a907f46e48da1d45b9d0115ed.html

I am thinking a return might be in order and getting a diff type camera I KNOW works with iSPY.
Do YOU know of a similiar IP camera that positively works with iSPY?

I even ran a port Scanner on the camera's IP and could not find any ports available.
The camera I had before this was cheaper and it had an ADMIN url / webpage to do settings.
This one seems not to..

Thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
Start by downloading, reinstalling, and reconfiguring the packaged software. The software packaged with the camera may be out of date and/or buggy.

If a fresh install does not work, then Email or otherwise contact Sricam: e.g., FAQs and Forums. Or Technical Support directly.

They may be aware of some issue and have a fix that has not yet been implemented via some configuration change or some sort of update.

Not at all uncommon that the product's website gets drivers and software "mixed up" or an update is not correctly posted.

Start by downloading, reinstalling, and reconfiguring the packaged software. The software packaged with the camera may be out of date and/or buggy.

If a fresh install does not work, then Email or otherwise contact Sricam: e.g., FAQs and Forums. Or Technical Support directly.

They may be aware of some issue and have a fix that has not yet been implemented via some configuration change or some sort of update.

Not at all uncommon that the product's website gets drivers and software "mixed up" or an update is not correctly posted.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.