Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenquadro

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
Hey, i have oneplus 6.I have unlocked the bootloader,i have stock rom and my phone was rooted with magisk. Few days ago i unrooted my phone, clicked uninstall in magisk and it started unrooting. Then if it was done i clicked reboot and after that my phone was only able to boot into twrp. It couldnt boot into ROM.Nothing on the internet helped,so i flashed my stock ROM again (i was on my stock rom already) from flash drive. It went well and my phone booted up. But since that my phone doesn't show internal storage. In file manager it shows 10/128 GB used, but if i try to look into my storage it doesnt show anything. Also if i try to take photos, it cant,and i also cant download and update several apps in play store.
(To check) In twrp i go install, i choose internal storage(at this point it shows my size of inter.storage)but i cant see any files in internal storage. Can somebody help me? Can somebody explain what happened?Does somebody know how to fix it if its even possible?
Ty for help :')

Solution
To get it to right itself you are going to likely have to get back to the phone's original system, then try and make changes again after that.

I know of two apps that should be able to help with unrooting a device. Others may know of more or other ways, as I am really not a fan of rooting, so not my expertise. :) The two apps, which should be able to be found at the Google Play Store are "SuperSU" and "ES File Explorer". I think "SuperSU" is free but I don't know about "ES File Explorer".

How to unroot Android: Using SuperSU

1. Download, from the Google Play Store, and install "SuperSU".
  2. Launch the app and go to “Settings”.
  3. Scroll down and locate, and tap, “Full unroot”.
  4. It will ask you to confirm that you really want...
Aug 4, 2019
first of all, I will never recommend anyone to use custom ROMs no matter what are the extra features its giving you. The moment you unlock the bootloader you void the warranty, I know you know that.
All I can suggest you is do Hard Reset and Install original ROM if you can find it or any other ROM.

To get it to right itself you are going to likely have to get back to the phone's original system, then try and make changes again after that.

I know of two apps that should be able to help with unrooting a device. Others may know of more or other ways, as I am really not a fan of rooting, so not my expertise. :) The two apps, which should be able to be found at the Google Play Store are "SuperSU" and "ES File Explorer". I think "SuperSU" is free but I don't know about "ES File Explorer".

4. It will ask you to confirm that you really want to unroot your device. To start, tap continue.
  5. When it is done, the app will automatically close and then restart your device.
  6. When it is done, and the device restarts, it should be fully unrooted.
  7. Uninstall "SuperSU" and you are done.

How to unroot Android: Using ES File Explorer

1. Download, from the Google Play Store, and install "ES File Explorer".
  2. Launch the app and tap "Menu".
  3. Scroll to locate “Tools”. Tap that and then turn on “Root Explorer”.
  4. Now you will have to grant it "root privileges", if prompted.
  5. Go back to your home screen and then navigate to your device’s root folder. It should found as “/” in explorer.
  6. From root, navigate to “system” and then “bin”.
  7. Find, and delete, the “busybox” and “su”. If you can’t find them, move on to step eight.
  8. Navigate back to “/” and open the “app” folder.
  9. Delete superuser.apk.
  10. Restart your Android device. Your device should reboot unrooted.

Reactions: Jack-TheTechnician
Solution

Zenquadro

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019

4. It will ask you to confirm that you really want to unroot your device. To start, tap continue.
  5. When it is done, the app will automatically close and then restart your device.
  6. When it is done, and the device restarts, it should be fully unrooted.
  7. Uninstall "SuperSU" and you are done.
How to unroot Android: Using ES File Explorer

1. Download, from the Google Play Store, and install "ES File Explorer".
  2. Launch the app and tap "Menu".
  3. Scroll to locate “Tools”. Tap that and then turn on “Root Explorer”.
  4. Now you will have to grant it "root privileges", if prompted.
  5. Go back to your home screen and then navigate to your device’s root folder. It should found as “/” in explorer.
  6. From root, navigate to “system” and then “bin”.
  7. Find, and delete, the “busybox” and “su”. If you can’t find them, move on to step eight.
  8. Navigate back to “/” and open the “app” folder.
  9. Delete superuser.apk.
  10. Restart your Android device. Your device should reboot unrooted.
Ty dude for trying to help.
My phone wasnt rooted from start, i mean after installing stock rom (again) i didnt flash magisk (i used magisk). But in any case i used your tutorial and tryied Es File Explorer way. I couldnt even get to root explorer option, it said no root access. And also in es file explorer, in internal storage it showed "/storage/emulated/0 is not found". I also did root check and it said "Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device". I think that means my phone isnt rooted.
Can you help me continue my "repairing" process?
So, what to so now?
And once again, ty for trying to help :')

Zenquadro

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
first of all, I will never recommend anyone to use custom ROMs no matter what are the extra features its giving you. The moment you unlock the bootloader you void the warranty, I know you know that.
All I can suggest you is do Hard Reset and Install original ROM if you can find it or any other ROM.
Ty Jack for trying to help.
If you think hard reset and new ROM would fix this probelm then. Can you say how to properly do hard reset and install ROM on OnePlus 6? :)

Zenquadro

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
Hey again!
I looked around in XDA also and posted my question. One guy recomended to format data and install magisk, other one said to fix contexts in twrp or install ROM again and then fix contexts, the third guy said to reflash stock ROM from msmdownload tool. Can these suggestions work? Or i stay with hard reset and install stock rom?

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Zenquadro

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.
Ty dude for help, but i have one question. I have twrp 3.2.3-1 and now... Can you tell me please, how to do same thing (hard reset) with twrp 3.2.3-1?I know that i would just search the intetnet, how to 'hard reset' with twrp but i wanna hear tutorial steps from real people, so ty :'). And also, one stupid question, i mean im new in this all android "thing". Does hard reset remove my current ROM, so after hard reset i have to flash my current ROM again?
Once again, ty for help! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.