Question help please with repair display for HP 256 G3

Jun 5, 2022
please help with repair display for HP 256 G3
:rolleyes:my general questions for PRO repair guys are:
* if any 15,6"whatever matt or glare LCD screen can be input as replacement or if them are unique to laptop model?:unsure:
*and is it only 40 pin (specifically to motherboard) LCD/LED cable is unique or as a screen can be used any 40 pin cable?:unsure:
* please enlighten me with insider info as I do struggle to understand of is it specifically marketing move or really every screen and cables are unique;)

I have bee told by my sister that a cat jumped on laptop, it fell on the floor and now pins that hold a screen are damaged and especially cables that been attached to it :homer:
otherwise a price of a new display specifically to that old laptop not even worth it...😕

Thank you guys a lot for an info and your time! I really appreciate your help for a noob like me;)(y)

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
* if any 15,6"whatever matt or glare LCD screen can be input as replacement or if them are unique to laptop model?

There are more than just 40-pin LVDS now, there is also 40-pin EDP with Touch. Some have 40 pin and are non touch though.

This listing looks adequate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311519653996

*and is it only 40 pin (specifically to motherboard) LCD/LED cable is unique or as a screen can be used any 40 pin cable?:unsure:

The display itself is 40-pin.

* please enlighten me with insider info as I do struggle to understand of is it specifically marketing move or really every screen and cables are unique;)

Not every screen is unique but I've had many problems with many laptops trying to swap out screens that should work.

I changed my ZBook 15 G2 from 60Hz to 120Hz and lost brightness control :(

Reactions: HammerFall86
Jun 5, 2022
Thank you for clarifying and for a link too(that makes it very expensive to fix for this price).
So you are saying that even if I buy this specific display, there always a chance that it not be ok?
I had answer of another forum,but them want to know serial number that is somewhere on that broken display. And them said that manufacturer using different displays...that left me with a thought that I had from very beginning that I could risk to try just any 40 pin 15.6" display?! o_O:ROFLMAO::LOL:
if you heard about
panelook.com?

Last edited:

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
you are saying that even if I buy this specific display, there always a chance that it not be ok?

That is correct

And them said that manufacturer using different displays...that left me with a thought that I had from very beginning that I could risk to try just any 40 pin 15.6" display?!

If you have one on hand there's no harm in trying it

Reactions: HammerFall86