Question Replacing my HP Elitebook 840 G3. But, with WHAT?

Jun 4, 2023
Hi everyone. Newbie here, so expect some rookie mistakes ;-).

I have an HP Elitebook 840 G3. I have been VERY happy with it. It meets my needs very well. I first got this model from my employer. Then, when I retired, and had to return it, I found a used one to replace it because I liked it so much.

But... It's getting old and things are starting to wear out. One of the USB ports does not work, and one of the mousepad buttons isn't working either. So, I'm planning to replace it, and looking for recommendations. Here are its specs:

Brand: HP
-Model: Elitebook 840 G3
-Bought From/Price: I bought used, a few years ago, for $300.
-CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.81 GHz
-GPU: N/A
-Resolution: I don't know. But I'm happy with the screen size (14") and resolution (whatever it is :)).
-RAM: 16.0 GB

-Disk Size 476.11 GB
-Usage (Gaming, Internet, Office Apps, etc…): Office Apps, YouTube, Google Maps
-Real World Battery Life (in your estimation): 2 Hours
-Your Rating (out of 10): 9

Other Notes:

My Elitebook weighs about 3.5 lbs, and I very much like that it's not too heavy.

I'm a Windows / MS Office guy,
so I expect to stay that way, unless someone overwhelms me with reasons to try something else.

I have not really priced a new one, but I suppose I would pay somewhere between $500 and $1000 for a new laptop that matches the above specs.

I hope I have provided enough info to make it easy to give me your recommendations.

Any suggestions on what currently available laptops, HP or other, would match or exceed these specifications, would be very helpful.

Muchas Gracias!!
Feenyman99

Jun 27, 2023
I'd suggest a Dell XPS 13 or the HP Spectre x360 for a new laptop. They're both top-notch machines, so you can't go wrong with either one. Plus, they both look super cool!

TimSteve

Banned
BANNED
Jun 22, 2023
I just searched and here what i got for you. You can upgrade your laptop with HP Elitebook 840 G7. If you've been happy with your current Elitebook, you might want to consider upgrading to the latest model in the series, the HP Elitebook 840 G7. It offers improved performance and newer features while maintaining the same form factor and weight. You can configure it with similar specifications to your current laptop, including an Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and a suitable storage capacity.

Jun 27, 2023
So many sick options out there, but trust me, you got this! Just gotta figure out which one matches your vibes and specs, and you'll be rocking and rolling in no time!

Jun 4, 2023
Hey... Thanks for all the suggestions! I went with a "Renewed" HP Elitebook 840 G7. Great price! And, so far, I like it a lot.