Help - Preparing Automatic Repair

Chambers95

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5100 with windows 8.1. Back in July I had a new hard drive put in since the one that came with the laptop was starting to go (I made a backup on a Seagate Backup Plus Slim before I had the hard drive changed but haven't done a backup since then). It's November now, a good two-three weeks away from finals week at college, and now I am scared. I was in the process of logging out of Warframe earlier today when my entire laptop froze. Unfortunately I had to do a hard shut down but when I started it back up I got: Preparing Automatic Repair, before it went to a black screen and did nothing else. With the help of a friend, we tried almost everything for a Toshiba Satellite Window's 8.1 to get it back working. Nothing worked. I don't even know how to enter safe mode (if there is even a safe mode anymore). Can someone please help? I want to see if there is anything I can do tonight before I go to the IT's on campus early tomorrow morning to see what they can do.

Chambers95

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
I'm sorry, ffg7. But I think you misunderstood "...black screen..." and "...we tried everything. Nothing worked." We read that very first link prior to writing this post. It does not work. Especially since I am stuck on a black screen right after it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" on the Toshiba logo screen.