Solved! Help regarding Sound issues with Samsung TV

Jan 27, 2019
I have recently plugged my PC (win 7) with USB but no HDMI ports to my samsung TV with HDMI. Graphics work fine but with no sound. I know I need to get a HDMI cable for the TV but which adaptor do I need for the PC which has a HDMI port. There are loads out there but dont want to waste my money on buying the wrong thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou

jojesa

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006

The USB ports on a TV is to power or connect storage devices.

Graphics work fine but with no sound. I know I need to get a HDMI cable for the TV but which adaptor do I need for the PC which has a HDMI port. There are loads out there but dont want to waste my money on buying the wrong thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou[/quotemsg]
For sound to work you need to use a type of connection that supports sound (HDMI, optical, etc.)

Could you list your PC components or the ports available on it.
Which TV model?

Jan 27, 2019
I have 6 USB ports, 1 ethernet, blue and green ports for speakers and microphone. Its an old e machines tower. TV is a Samsung UE40C5800
Hope that helps.

Are u suggesting you got both pieces hooked up through USB and you are getting video? I wasn't aware USB can transfer video.

Like ^he says, you are looking for an video output port. In its absence you can always purchase a video card with HDMI out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 7
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 4
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 2