Solved! Help requested with connecting Samsung Soundbar to Toshiba LCD TV

May 23, 2020
I have a Samsung Soundbar 5 Series HW-MS550 which I want to connect to a Toshiba LCD TV Model no. 48L5435DEE.
All that came in the box is a power lead and no instructions as to how to connect it. I bought it as someone at work said it was a good one and it was on sale! However, it’s been sitting gathering dust for more than a year, maybe longer, and I’d really like to have the theatre experience at home that I was hoping it would give me. Have I even bought the right sound bar for my TV or is my TV too old? My TV is already connected to my Apple TV and my cable TV box. Am I right that the sound bar should be connected to the TV only, or does it need connecting to the cable TV box or both ????? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

May 23, 2020
Thanks so much for your reply Helpstar! I'll get one of these. I assume I plug it into ‘Digital Audio In (Optical)’ using the connector that came with the sound bar? I would send a picture, but I am not sure how to attach one here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K TVs 1
B TVs 0
M TVs 1
Frankey62 TVs 1
S TVs 3
N TVs 1
ThunderGinger TVs 2
K TVs 1
K TVs 0
L TVs 0
G TVs 2
T TVs 1
I TVs 0
B TVs 3
J TVs 1
Bstetson TVs 0
V TVs 0
E TVs 0
B TVs 0
svnaidu TVs 0
Similar threads
Question How to connect older av equipment, tv and speakers.
Question Connecting TV, soundbar and PS5
Question connecting
Question I want to connect my Toshiba TV to my phone and don't know how can you help me please..
Question Can someone please help me with connecting a Panasonic Blu ray player to a Panasonic Plasm TV
Question do not know how to connect
Question How to see all sources connected to receiver in TV menu?
Question How do I connect Beats Solo 3 Wireless headphones to LG 60UJ6050 TV with Vizio S2121w-D0 Sound Bar connected to it?
Question How to give monitor bluetooth capabilities so that i can connect my soundbar?
Question Is there any way to connect an LG wireless soundbar (SH3K) to a Samsung TV that doesn't have an optical audio out connection?
Question TV signal lost after splitter connect
Question Help Westinghouse LTV 32W6 HD ANT Antenna connection how do I find channels...
Question Connect old Yamaha Receiver to modern TV & DVD Player
Question LG 28" TV with no audio out and no digital out how to connect bose surround sound speakers?
Question connect insignia NS-SBAR21F20 to Samsung UN40H5203AF TV
Question Hisense not connecting to sony soundbar
Question Can I connect Sony subwoofer (SA-WMSP68) to Samsung TV (UN55ES6500)?
Question connection help
Question Samsung rear module SWA-6000 will not connect now
Question Normal hdmi in on TV can be connected to HDMI out arc port on Home theatre for Video output since it has two hdmi in for devices such as firestick

ASK THE COMMUNITY