Help! Suspected Botnet

vorsillion

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017
Greetings!

I let my mom used my computer for a day since her laptop needs fixing and I'm off to work. When I logged my computer this morning, these things keep on popping up like about every 5-10 seconds.

2r6nqqr.jpg

uph06.jpg

345h847.jpg

I tried troubleshooting such as having my anti-virus scan my drives and deleting my temp folders but to no avail. I tried installing spybot hoping that it will remove this crap but even spybot can't detect it.

Have you guys experienced these? If so, how did you resolved it? I really need your expertise on this one. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Try the following for better malware removal, because It looks like you are dealing with some sort of redirect virus/adware

1. Check your browser for any add-ons or extensions you do not recognize and remove them.
2. Check your installed programs and see if there isn't anything suspicious that was installed lately (If there is, simply remove them).
3. Install any popular antivirus and do a quick scan (Majority of the providers do have free versions of their software). Or just use Windows Defender. It works really well in most cases.
4. Install and scan your PC with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro to clean most adware.

After this, in most cases, the issues of malware should be solved. If it doesn't work, sometimes Windows has a hard time...

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Try the following for better malware removal, because It looks like you are dealing with some sort of redirect virus/adware

1. Check your browser for any add-ons or extensions you do not recognize and remove them.
2. Check your installed programs and see if there isn't anything suspicious that was installed lately (If there is, simply remove them).
3. Install any popular antivirus and do a quick scan (Majority of the providers do have free versions of their software). Or just use Windows Defender. It works really well in most cases.
4. Install and scan your PC with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro to clean most adware.

After this, in most cases, the issues of malware should be solved. If it doesn't work, sometimes Windows has a hard time removing the malware in normal mode, if that is the case, restart Windows in "Safe mode with networking". And try the following steps again.

Solution