help the only keyboard that works is my on screen keyboard how do i fix this

Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Inspiron 7567 laptop built-in screen and keyboard backlight not working as soon as I install Intel HD 630 graphics drivers
Pls help! My HP Pavilion screen is blank (not displaying), but fans working fine, and keyboard lights seems OK
Solved! I have a toshiba satellite. it's stuck on white screen, then the keyboard stopped working. I hooked it to my desk top monitor.
Acer one 10 stuck on automatic repair, touch screen doesn’t work and keyboard doesn’t work.
My hp InteIntell core 3 keyboard do not work but on the screen does and when another external keyboard plug in it works
My hp laptop screen is flickering n keyboard also not working
My space bar doesn't work if I try using it on the keyboard but it does when I use the on-screen keyboard.
Solved! Cant type password on laptop login screen even if the keyboard work fine
Keyboard plugged to monitor (2nd screen) doesnt work
switches for screen brightness on the keyboard aren't working
My aspire e1-522 keyboard doesn't work untill I turn on screen keyboard in settings
My laptop get unresponsive
Turn on computer but has black screen and nothing works
my asus computer's touch screen is not working....i have wireless keyboard and mouse
My computer boots up but the screen is black and keyboard wont work
I have a toshiba C55Dt laptop and the screen and keyboard stop working, any advice on how to fix?
Keyboard characters not working on login screen.
keyboard is not working on sign on screen
I have the qosmio x870 the screen is blackout but keyboard is working what might be the problem please? I bought it 2014
Laptop, on-screen, or usb keyboard won't work

ASK THE COMMUNITY