Help to find the ideal notebook

mauromol

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Hello! I'm compiling the survey to get help to find my ideal laptop :)

1_What is your budget?
max €700

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
The smaller the better

3_What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1024x(something).
At least 10" size.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
A portable.

5_How much battery life do you need?
The longer the better. This is really important

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Low to Medium.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photo and music. Maybe watching movies. No video editing.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
160GB or more. Speed is more important than size.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
European stores.
Ex.: www.pixmania.com; www.mediaworld.it; etc.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Until it's broken :-D

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD would be enough. Depending on other factors, it may also have no optical drive at all.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I trust in brands like HP, Sony, Asus, Toshiba, Dell, Lenovo, MSI, Fujitsu.

13_What country do you live in?

Italy.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Must have: LAN (better if Gigabit), WAN (better if 802.11n, at least 802.11g), OS=Windows (better if 7), webcam, at least 2GB RAM (better if more), at least 3 USB ports.
Better if it has BlueTooth.

Thank you very much in advance!!

mauromol

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Thank you very much Maverick!
This is something like what I was seeing today. However... isn't there a solution with a longer-lasting battery? For this HP they declare 2 hours. A co-worker of mine also has an HP similar to this (with a Pentium T4200 CPU) and her laptop battery also lasts about 2 hours.

To have a long lasting battery am I forced to go to a model with a much less powerful CPU (like the Core 2 Duo SU series) or is there something in the middle?