Question Help to replace Broadcom WiFi card

EssKayKay

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I’m having an intermittent problem with my Broadcom BCM94313HMGB WiFi adapter in my older HP Pavilion dv6t-c600 laptop. I’d like to replace it with some other vendor’s adapter – probably an Intel card but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What vendor/card/model number would be compatible with my machine or the BCM94313HMGB card?

Thanks,
Steve K.

Good solution CParsons.

Buy a cheap USB WiFi Dongle. This model supports USB3.0

Disable the WIFI card in the Bios.

Turn off the computer, press the power button, and then repeatedly press the esc key until the Startup Menu opens. Press f10 to enter BIOS Setup Utility.

https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/hp-pavilion-dv6t

If the laptop is still going strong then a battery replacement
or
replacing the HDD with an SSD might be a way to get more life / performance out of it.

Clean the dust from the fan inlet just to make me happy? Toothbrush ... be gentle.
Always use your partners toothbrush. :)

Reactions: CParsons

EssKayKay

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Good solution CParsons.

Buy a cheap USB WiFi Dongle. This model supports USB3.0

Disable the WIFI card in the Bios.

Turn off the computer, press the power button, and then repeatedly press the esc key until the Startup Menu opens. Press f10 to enter BIOS Setup Utility.

https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/hp-pavilion-dv6t

If the laptop is still going strong then a battery replacement
or
replacing the HDD with an SSD might be a way to get more life / performance out of it.

Clean the dust from the fan inlet just to make me happy? Toothbrush ... be gentle.
Always use your partners toothbrush. :)
Thanks for the suggestion CParsons. Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner – my bad. I did add a USB WiFi adapter and it works fine.

My issue is I use this machine as a small recording station. There are numerous other USB devices connected (webcams, audio interface devices, drum module, etc.). I have run out of USB ports on the laptop. Installing an internal WiFi card would free up one USB port.

I have tried a few external USB hubs (both powered and unpowered) but they do not work as expected. I guess I will just continue as I have – plugging/unplugging devices as needed.

Again thanks for your input,
Steve K.

Reactions: Reynod