Help w/ Mixer Audio

Fatal_Scotsman

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
Hi guys firstly I'd like to apologize as I am not sure this post is in the correct section. I recently tried to upgrade my live stream system to use a duel PC set-up. I have all the video sorted as that was not an issue but trying to set-up the audio has been a huge pain in the butt. Hopefully one of you lovely folk can help me. Below is an image I created of the current set-up I have. Bare in mind the only issue I have is with the audio, not video. Below is a link to my set-up.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r9tYW4UdJ2tStqz51qpFf__KAdvY2FW7a3mnJx1ii8w/edit?usp=sharing

This mixer is not a USB!

The microphone I use is a USB!

This looks a little complicated at first as there is not much writing to describe whats going on.

As mentioned before the video is fine so you can ignore the red lines.

The blue line is coming from the gaming pc to lines 5/6 of the mixer

The yellow line is coming from the Streaming PC to lines 3/4

The purple line is an FX send line acting as a mix minus(This may be the issue)

I am using my headset plugged into the phones jack which is the black cable.

The problem I am having is the streaming PC is not getting any audio from the Gaming PC ALTHOUGH I can hear the gaming Pc through my headset as it is connecting to the mixer. Therefor the issue that I am having must be related to the FX send cable. I need this as my streaming Pc acts as my chat sources (I.E Skype) and music etc.

If I have not posted all of the relevant information please let me know. This has been bugging me for days and I am sure it is something stupid.

Thank you in advanced for reading this and taking the time to reply.

Mark

Solution

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

Hey mate.

I think your issue is that you're connecting the FX send cable into the Microphone jack in your streaming PC.
The microphone jack is supported for plug in microphones and has a different balance. If you plug it into the Line-In which is blue, it should work. Blue is the stereo line in.

ALSO: Make sure all the levels are correct in Windows. :)

Hope this helps.

Solution