Help with Alienware Alpha

Nodaffy5

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
CSS:
I am wanting an Alienware Alpha for my living room. I am going to play games like minecraft, skyrim, Call of duty Black Ops III, sin of a dark age, guns of icarus online, and Battlefield 4 and hardline. Which version should I get?

Solution

Are you new to learning about computer hardware? That's ok. As far as which model would be best for you, I would say to go with the $699.99 model if you are going do gaming with that device. The lower teir alpha consoles are obviously made for content creation and stuff like video editing as well as light gaming. The i5-processor will definedly help with future games that will take advantage of four or more processing core.

-Good Luck!

Xephius

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
Honestly, you should try to build your own computer, you can build a smaller form factor PC , stick an i5-4690k and a GTX 960 in there for a complete system for around 1k.

Nodaffy5

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

I want an Alienware Alpha for the controller access for navigating steam.

Xephius

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
Everyone's needs are different, you might want to check out different benchmarks for the games you play on the mobile GPU for which model you are looking at.

Xephius

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015

Are you new to learning about computer hardware? That's ok. As far as which model would be best for you, I would say to go with the $699.99 model if you are going do gaming with that device. The lower teir alpha consoles are obviously made for content creation and stuff like video editing as well as light gaming. The i5-processor will definedly help with future games that will take advantage of four or more processing core.

-Good Luck!

Solution