Help With buying a Budget Suface Pro!

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Hello, i use a powerful desktop for all my computer needs including my work on video editing and gaming. Now that the new surface is out i was planning on getting a new surface pro 4 to do some editing and university work on the go. I was checking ebay and amazon but it seems i cant get a good deal all seems pricy even after the new surface was out. My plan was to buy a surface pro 4 with the new pen and old keyboard.

Any tips on getting a surface for my university on a budget. I dont mind if its used as long it work as intended. Any sites, tips on buying a new surface?

Solution
The only thing I can suggest is look on ebay.

Surface Pros are similar to MacBooks in that they hold their value over time. Therefore, buying a used Surface Pro can still be "expensive". But like all electronics the older the model, the less expensive it should be.

If you want a similar product, then you may want to check out the following Groupon deal for a refurbished Acer Switch Alpha 12 for $480. Not sure how long the deal will last though; Groupon deals do not last that long. It has a Core i5-6200u and 256GB SSD. Refurbished Acer Switch Alpha 12 at this price point typically a Core i3-6100u and 128GB SSD. I believe it uses Synaptic digitizer technology which means any digital pen that is compatible with Synaptic can be used...

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Is on the main topic :) Same as the other topic you reply about the ereader. Mainly for image and video editing on the go and word processing and excel power point etc. Lets say i am trying to get a good deal on a surface pro 4 since the new one is expensive as hell, i was aiming for 8gb of ram and 256gb of space, if possible i7 processor.

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I am really focusing on the portability(tablet like) of a surface and how versatile it is for much more, like working in a classroom, reading books from it, drawing in photoshop with it. I just need help on getting th ebest deal possible for one.

The only thing I can suggest is look on ebay.

Surface Pros are similar to MacBooks in that they hold their value over time. Therefore, buying a used Surface Pro can still be "expensive". But like all electronics the older the model, the less expensive it should be.

If you want a similar product, then you may want to check out the following Groupon deal for a refurbished Acer Switch Alpha 12 for $480. Not sure how long the deal will last though; Groupon deals do not last that long. It has a Core i5-6200u and 256GB SSD. Refurbished Acer Switch Alpha 12 at this price point typically a Core i3-6100u and 128GB SSD. I believe it uses Synaptic digitizer technology which means any digital pen that is compatible with Synaptic can be used. Surface Pros uses Microsoft's own digitizer tech (NTrig) so their pens are not compatible with the Acer.

https://www.groupon.com/latest-deals/gg-acer-aspire-12-intel-core-refurbished

Links below to a video review of the Acer Switch Alpha 12 and a comparison to the Surface Pro 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP404GpoE2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8rV6zbKvqY

Solution

preguntonontrack

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Jaguar great stuff right there definitely checking the acer one. The ebay idea is great too might get something good there. I also had in mind that when the new surface launches the older one would drop. Not the case the surface pro 4 is cheaper than the new one but it has the same price it had 5 months ago

That's because Microsoft had already dropped the price on the Surface Pro 4 earlier this year.