Solved! Help with buying a Laptop

Jun 9, 2020
Hello!

This last week I have been frantically browsing on advices and "top 15" lists trying to figure out what laptop to buy that suits me. Being a novice when it comes to the specs of a laptop, I have come to the realization that I could use some help. So, I am looking for some tips and suggestions :)

I'm looking for a 13" laptop with no 2 in 1 function and a PC. My budget is about 500 $ to 1500 $ (Don't think I need more for the thing I do). As a student i use the computer for studying, but I also play poker on high level half time so I want it to be able to have 4 different poker clients up and 8 tables (I'll use another monitor for it). I also use it for watching movies and such. I don’t really care much about battery time as long as I can have it in class for 4 hours when typing on it. Since I’m travelling a lot with it durability helps so not looking a glass canon.

Previously I had a Lenovo 500S-13ISK, not that happy with its memory but the durability has been amazing it has felt like a Nokia 3310 considering how it’s been handled.
I don’t really game a lot anymore, but it would be nice to play some old-school games like oblivion on a rainy day but generally I'm not looking for a gaming computer.

The ideal setup would be to have 2 monitors connected to my laptop, a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse at home. But does it need 2 HDMIs for that? Or are there some other functions to get around this? Feels like I would need a lot of ports for that setup.

If you have managed to read all this I’m grateful and thankful for any tips 😊

Solution
The issue with any of the Top blah blah lists is that many of them basically look at the top sellers not actually going by full tests or quality.

Since you can go in the 1,000 range, Lenovo T models with their dock, it's a bit over 13" though, this model is good. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo...lid-state-drive-black/6394637.p?skuId=6394637

I have that model from work, dropped it in a puddle this weekend during a huge rain downpour, the wind actually blew it from my hand and I left my bag at home so it just plopped on the ground. I blew out what I could, dried with paper towel, let if dry out in a warm place, next day it was working like nothing happened.
The issue with any of the Top blah blah lists is that many of them basically look at the top sellers not actually going by full tests or quality.

Since you can go in the 1,000 range, Lenovo T models with their dock, it's a bit over 13" though, this model is good. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo...lid-state-drive-black/6394637.p?skuId=6394637

I have that model from work, dropped it in a puddle this weekend during a huge rain downpour, the wind actually blew it from my hand and I left my bag at home so it just plopped on the ground. I blew out what I could, dried with paper towel, let if dry out in a warm place, next day it was working like nothing happened.

Reactions: Gustqv
Solution