Help with choosing subwoofer

AndersGjerde

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hey, im looking to buy a new subwoofer for my room. I live in Norway so i dont have many subwoofers to choose. I will problably wait until black friday before i buy anything anyways, but i need som help choosing the right subwoofer for me first. My room is about 3m x 4m so its a pretty small one. I'm currenctly using the subwoofer that came with my soundbar, Sound BlasterX Katana. I have tried to do some research on all of these subwoofers, but i cant find a good comparison.

I dont have alot of money since im only 16 but my budget is around 3000-4000 NOK, about 350-500$ Here is a list of all the subwoofers that can be bought in Norway for that money:
Prisguiden.no/kategorier/subwoofer?f[p][]=2500&f[p][]=4000

I've been looking especially at the Klipsch R10SW/R12SW and the Sunfire SDS10/12, and all seems like great subwoofers for that price, but i have no idea which one to get. So i have a couple of questions.

1. Are all subwoofers compatible with my soundbar? It has one "SUB" port.

2. I guess this is a dumb question, but will any of these subwoofers be a lot better than the
one im currently using? I cant find any information about this subwoofer other than it is 7".

3. Is there a big difference between Klipsch R10SW/Sunfire SDS 10 and Klipsch R12SW/Sunfire SDS 12? Is there a noticeable difference, even in a small room like the one im sitting in?

4. Is it worth paying 100$ extra for the more expensive model?

5. Which one of these subwoofers would you buy if you were in my situation?

I think that is all my questions, my English was probably pretty bad, but i tried my best lol. If i wrote anything that you didn't understand feel free to ask me what i meant. All of these questions are probably dumb, but i have very little knowledge when it comes to sound.

Thank you in advance :D

Solution
That "link" to available subwoofers isn't a link.
1. You should be able to use any subwoofer with the soundbar.
2. Yes they will be better. The sub that you have is a bandpass type subwoofer which only produces poor quality one note bass.
3. I would not get either larger more expensive model for the room you are in. It would likely sound worse.
4. Given the size of your room a small front firing subwoofer would be best. If there are any UK or EU brands such as REL available that might work better. US designed subs tend to be best in larger rooms than yours.
That "link" to available subwoofers isn't a link.
1. You should be able to use any subwoofer with the soundbar.
2. Yes they will be better. The sub that you have is a bandpass type subwoofer which only produces poor quality one note bass.
3. I would not get either larger more expensive model for the room you are in. It would likely sound worse.
4. Given the size of your room a small front firing subwoofer would be best. If there are any UK or EU brands such as REL available that might work better. US designed subs tend to be best in larger rooms than yours.

Solution