Question Help with my old HP laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2020
This is my laptop: HP Pavilion dv6-6c10tx Entertainment Notebook PC

So basically, I upgraded to Windows 10 on it not knowing my GPU drivers and stuff was not compatible with it and it only works with Windows 7. So a lot of things happened and my laptop can't access the HP Recovery Manager at all. Every time I press F11 during boot up, it just shows this picture. Is there anyway to revert it back to how it was like a factory data reset and with the HP Recovery Manager working again? And when I tried downloading the HP Recovery Manager driver from HP's website, it just gives me the error "Softpaq does not apply to the system" thing.

jxfdq2iurmz51.jpg

Nov 16, 2020
Did you try the "repair your computer" option. Why do you thing there are incompatibilities? It looks to me like you boot sector got messed up. How old is this machine?
I bought it in 2012-2013 like that. I can't choose repair your computer at all. It just brings it back to this menu after booting it up like normal

Sorry. I was unclear. I meant you should try the three steps on the screen. If you don't have an installation media that came with the machine (these were being phased out some years ago) I'm not I can suggest an alternative. There is a compatibility checker for show Win10 compatibility but too late for that. Given that Win7 is no longer supported by MS, I don't know if they have an installation available any more. I can't suggest a simple way out of your situation. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.