help with old surround sound optical cable setup

normlmikey420

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
I have an RCA RT2390 home theatre system, it has no hdmi slot..I am using optical input on the receiver to an optical output on tv.. the tv is a vizio model E3D470VX. I also have an Xbox one with HDMI input running to the tv.. I've tried everything I can think of.. I don't know how to get sound from HTS! Please help!

With old systems like that, each source components MUST have its own audio hookup to the home theater, since it sounds like you have only ONE optical in, you will have to manually plug/unplug for each component you want to play.

Anything that says "home theater" is very limited, not expandable, doesn't play well with other components.

With old systems like that, each source components MUST have its own audio hookup to the home theater, since it sounds like you have only ONE optical in, you will have to manually plug/unplug for each component you want to play.

Anything that says "home theater" is very limited, not expandable, doesn't play well with other components.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zhgorrin Streaming Video & TVs 0
nith81 Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
Larry204 Streaming Video & TVs 0
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
kris192 Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
F Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question Roku Express 4K Plus and TX NR 626 - cannot get surround sound
Question Audio from new Sony Android Tv to old Bose Lifestyle 48(No HDMI) through Optical cable distorted/crackling
Solved! No surround sound with Amazon Fire Stick Lite
Solved! RCA ports for surround sound on a Samsung TV
Solved! Laptop - 4 TVs and Surround Sound
Question Roku & Yamaha RX-V671 - No Rear Sound on 5.1 Surround
Question How do I get surround sound to work with a Fire Cube when the receiver has no HDMI inputs
Solved! How to connect smart tv to old Pioneer surround sound system.
How do I get 5.1 surround from my BRripped 5.1/7.1 movies that I have in my laptop to home theater with and TV?
How do I connect my ps4 to my surround sound my surround don't have a hdmi or Ann optic port
I do not have an optical cable outlet on my tv so I'm not sure how to get my surround sound set up with firestick. HDMI 1 cabl
Why won't my surround sound switch from analog to optical?
I tried to hook my surround sound to my tv via av cables but it won't connect i was told i need a optical cable in order for i
I have tv, receiver, surround sound, DVD player and telus optic. When I play DVDs, my wireless head phones don't work and I do
How to connect surround sound using optical cable. My tv and reciever only have optical output. How can I do this without an o
I have a smart TV with hdmi arc and optical audio nut my receiver has neither can I get 5.1 surround sound through TV with an
Need help connecting a digital optic output to an old Bose surround sound
Surround Sound-Setup-Hdmi-Video-Digital Optics-To-RCA Help :D
please help sound card connectivity issues
Solved! Optical output on my tv, rca's on my surround sound...

ASK THE COMMUNITY