Question Snowy Reception using Cable Antenna A/B Switch

Sep 14, 2023
My parents have a Samsung SmartTV with 1 coaxial input. I moved them to an assisted living facility where they must use a coax cable from the wall to their coax input on the TV. I installed a digital antenna for them so they can get FOX (which sadly they can't get through the facility), and I installed a coaxial A/B switch. I have the cable from the wall going into the one input and the digital antenna going to the other and then have a coax cable going from the output on the switch to the coax input on their TV. They then must go into the menu of their TV and switch between Cable and Antenna. Everything works, or so I thought. They called me the other night and said that after I set this up, several of their "cable" channels which they get through the facility are so snowy that you can't even watch them. I went down there last night and confirmed this to be the case. I tried swapping the antenna and cable inputs on the switch, and those channels were clear for about 5m, but then they became snowy again. Of course, if I go back to their original setup, bypassing the switch and plugging the coax from the wall directly into their TV, all the channels are clear. The problem lies within that A/B switch. All of the coax cables are brand new and properly connected and tightened. Is there a better A/B switch that I can provide? Or, is it possible to connect the digital antenna to an HDMI converter and then just connect that HDMI converter to one of their HDMI inputs on their TV using an HDMI cable? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sadly, TV is about the only thing my parents have to look forward to anymore. Many thanks for your assistance.

Not understanding why they MUST use the coaxial provided by the facility, but nevermind that. What is the model of the Samsung Smart TV? Can you not just add the FOX Channel App to it?

-Wolf sends

Sep 14, 2023
Not understanding why they MUST use the coaxial provided by the facility, but nevermind that. What is the model of the Samsung Smart TV? Can you not just add the FOX Channel App to it?

-Wolf sends
The facility doesn't give out "receivers" to its residents; there is a coax male connection coming out of the wall and you have to connect the TV to that. Unfortunately, my parents do NOT have an internet connection so using an app like you suggest isn't an option. Thanks for the reply though.