Help with slight audio lag when using TV as monitor

animematic

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I have my computer hooked up to my TV but there is a slight (just a split second) lag in audio. I know its minor but it still bugs me and I would like to fix it if possible. I have it connected through an HDMI line 12 ft Beklin brand and is gold plated. My graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 6570. I have a HP a6130n. I'm assuming the lag is caused somewhere with the TV. There is no lag as far as picture. I watched a video on both the monitor and TV at the same time ( Half the on one and half on the other) and it was perfectly in sync. The TV is a Sylvania LC370SS9. Could I adjust the TV settings somehow to make the lag stop.

The lag is in the TV.
The TV requires a firmware update, but as to whether Sylvania has developed that, you have to contact their service center.
LG had the same problem, and developed an update.
Yes there actually is an interface on the TV to update the firmware. It may be inside however...

animematic

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for the reply. Since I'd rather not open up and tinker with and risk breaking the TV would buying a external audio reciever fix the problem? I know it might be expensive but I've been looking for an excuse to install a Home theater system anyway.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
i dont know if you will find a HDMI audio video sync solution.
you would have to browse the menus of the home theater receivers, and plug the receiver up to the graphics card.. then the receiver to the television.

i know there are rca methods of adjusting the audio sync.. but i dont know if they can make the audio any faster.
seems impossible to make the audio faster, the video would have to be slowed down.
and that means there is no audio preamp that is going to do the job for you.
meaning, the only thing that connects the video would be a receiver.

there might be some small name products.. but these are probably just as hard to find as custom built hardware.
i know i have seen receivers with audio/video sync adjustment.. i just dont remember what brand name or model number it was.
i know that i seen it within the last year.. so you should be able to find it too :lol: