Help with usb expansion

gonemad61

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
I'm looking to expand my usb ports so I can start doing some vr stuff. Would I be okay with using a usb 3.0 hub like the anker ultra slim 3.0 hub or should I get an expansion card?

Solution
ahahahaha

that is the spirit!

one example, i have a usb 2 extension, i can connect usb flash drives in it and other devices, when i connect the 360 wired controller, i get random disconnects, thanks to the lenght of the extension, the controller and the power consumption on it, it is what you coukld expect to get in perhaps the camera, the dac surely won't give you problems

gonemad61

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Well I can fit the headset usb into my motherboard. The hub I'm looking at isn't powered but all I'll be plugging into it is the ir camera for the headset and my dac, would that be eat up the data stream from the hub to much?

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
ahahahaha

that is the spirit!

one example, i have a usb 2 extension, i can connect usb flash drives in it and other devices, when i connect the 360 wired controller, i get random disconnects, thanks to the lenght of the extension, the controller and the power consumption on it, it is what you coukld expect to get in perhaps the camera, the dac surely won't give you problems

Solution

gonemad61

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
I think I can get away with having my dac unplugged seeing that I have a pair of speakers so I can plug the camera into the board thankfully, Also on another note I was able to get a refund on the hub. Thank you for responding as much as you have anyway though.