Help with Wireless Headphones or Headset for Gaming and Watching Movies?

kanebu

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016
I have been looking for Wireless headphones or headset for PC (and a same amount of Playstation) gaming and watching movies on my tv. The reason I want wireless is so I can sit on the couch or at my pc without cords running around also listen to music while I do things around the house. Something with a closed back so that my wife and daughter cant hear what I'm listening to and so that i cant hear them. From what I read the Steelseries Siberia 800 and Sennheiser R175 (maybe the logitech 933) seem to be the best at that. I know the Sennheiser has no mic but i could in the future get a modmic or something like that in the future. I would like 7.1 surround if i can get it, I have a new skylake setup but just using the onboard sound with a asus z170a. The information that i have read is the RS is the way to go with Bluetooth giving delayed sound which would be bad for watching movies. If anyone have any suggestions or advice it would be much appreciated. My budget is $300 absolute max but would like to get cheaper if I could. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Hi kanebu,

I would recommend the Steelseries Siberia 800. I use these myself, (although mine are called Steelseries H Wireless, they are the same) and I must say they are some of the best headphones I've ever used. The sound quality is brilliant and music sound great through them, as well as having Dolby Digital surround sound makes them perfect for gaming and films. A mic is included as well, which can be concealed within the headset when not in use.

They use 5Ghz wireless frequency meaning you can get a signal wherever you are in the house and the sound quality is maintained. Also, they are compatible with all consoles including your PS4.

Check them out here: https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/siberia-800

frantic6

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Hi kanebu,

I would recommend the Steelseries Siberia 800. I use these myself, (although mine are called Steelseries H Wireless, they are the same) and I must say they are some of the best headphones I've ever used. The sound quality is brilliant and music sound great through them, as well as having Dolby Digital surround sound makes them perfect for gaming and films. A mic is included as well, which can be concealed within the headset when not in use.

They use 5Ghz wireless frequency meaning you can get a signal wherever you are in the house and the sound quality is maintained. Also, they are compatible with all consoles including your PS4.

Check them out here: https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/siberia-800

Solution