Help, wwan dell 5404 laptop mobile broadband setup/installation

larrytheburg

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
Hello,
I am getting frustrated with Dell. I want to access the internet/email from my laptop full time. Its a huge pain <mod edit> trying to connect to my iphone 10 times a day. I have been talking online to dell 6 times now. Long story short, i have the WWAN card installed, drivers installed, BELL data sim card installed, sierra skylight program manager installed, yet I can't for the life of me connect via the cell towers. Dell "superior" tech support is clueless when it comes to this. All I need is instructions on how to set this up once and for all.

So it sounds like you are trying to use the phone basically as a hotspot so your computer can access the net? Then it sounds like your problem is that you would need to get the correct info on how to setup your iPhone as a hotspot.

If you are just trying to set up the laptop itself as connecting to the data from the carrier/service provider, I believe it can't be done direct. You have to tether the computer to the phone.

larrytheburg

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017

larrytheburg

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
The issue is NOT connecting to my iphone, I can do that, but its painful and tedious to connect several times a day. I have inserted a data sim card into the data sim card slot of my dell laptop. I also installed a WWAN card, and updated all drivers. So i know its possible, i just can't seem to get a straight answer from DELL about the precise way on how to do this. Correct program, correct WWAN card etc