Here are the Top Apps for Your Mobile Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Boy do I lag behind in the number of apps on my Android (HTC Magic). I guess I better get busy downloading. I only have twelve apps on it. I'm just not a very good consumer :(

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
By the name of the article, I thought they were going to tell us the "Top Apps" not top catagories for Apps. wtf

Like is "RadarNow" better than the "WeatherChannel" app?

Yet another misleading article title, but they do it to get you to read it, so who is the real dummy?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I have like 70 apps on my Droid... but under Apps Organizer it feels like I could easily triple that and still have things well under control. I go under games, and there's like 5, like 5 things categorized under productivity, like 10 under internet, and so on.

What's interesting, is out of my 70+ apps, only 5 of them cost money, and 4 of the 5 cost me less than 5 dollars. I feel like I'm making out like a bandit... to the point that I started donating to free app developers, to support projects I want to see have continued success...

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
[citation][nom]foscooter[/nom]By the name of the article, I thought they were going to tell us the "Top Apps" not top catagories for Apps. wtfLike is "RadarNow" better than the "WeatherChannel" app?Yet another misleading article title, but they do it to get you to read it, so who is the real dummy?[/citation]

Dont turn this around on the reader. The reader has a thirst for usefull information. Its not their fault bait and switch tactics were used. Put blame were it rightfully belongs on Rico Mossesgeld. You can even blame Toms for allowing him to use their site for implementing his cheap tactics.

Personally I dont care anymore. This is the kind of journalisim ive come to expect from tech sites. How many times are they going to rehash the Verizon iPhone story? They hang onto these stories and when they finally get a story worth printing they dont provide the information people want. Well if I need to do all this research about certain things Im interested in why am I reading their crap?

razercultmember1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]I have like 70 apps on my Droid... [/citation] lets see how many thumbs down i can get for noting your excessive use of the word "like" >:p

hpram99

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
It's still sad to see how important marketing is to the industry. Palms terrible (former) marketing firm almost killed what could have been an amazing comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.