Solved! Here we go again Newer TV older Surround System

Lspaddo

Prominent
Oct 21, 2019
I started a thread in Oct. 2019 about this. I've attached the link to it. The thread is called Panasonic SA-XR45 and TCL Roku TV.

I'm back because a few things have changed and I need help.

First of all I had the model incorrect. I have a Panasonic SA-XR25.

I don't remember whether I had the turntable at that point but I have one now.

I also still have my VCR (stop laughing).

I have hi-speed wifi but I don't have cable TV. I stream - though recently I was given access to YouTube live TV.

I just need help making all these things work optimally; with the best picture that can be achieved as well as the best audio that can be achieved within the constraints of the components as they are for:

*albums
*DVD movies
*VCR movies
*music CD's
* streaming Netflix, Hulu, etc.
*live TV is not my highest priority. I mean, if it can work and look and sound halfway decent, great, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
* the radio is also non-priority. I'm more inclined to listen to Sirius.

I'm lost and need help with this. I'm turning to you audiophiles - hopefully at least 1 or 2 with ancient history knowledge - to tell me what to do.

I have photos of the back of each component but it seems as though you can't attach photos to posts.

These are the pieces:

1) Panasonic SAXR-25 - complete system

2) Zenith VRJ-410 VCR

3) Audio Technica LP-60X-GM turntable

4) TCL Roku TV 40FS-3800

Thank you for your help!

Solution
  1. VCR connects to the composite video/audio input of the TV.
  2. TV optical audio output connects to the optical input of the SAXR-25. You may have to turn the optical output on and the TV speakers off in the TV audio menu. Check the manual.
  3. After making sure that the phono preamp is turned on in the TT connect it to any L/R analog audio input on the SAXR-25. If there is one without a video input associated with it I would use that one.
  4. Any other video sources (like a DVD player) would connect directly to the TV with HDMI.
  1. VCR connects to the composite video/audio input of the TV.
  2. TV optical audio output connects to the optical input of the SAXR-25. You may have to turn the optical output on and the TV speakers off in the TV audio menu. Check the manual.
  3. After making sure that the phono preamp is turned on in the TT connect it to any L/R analog audio input on the SAXR-25. If there is one without a video input associated with it I would use that one.
  4. Any other video sources (like a DVD player) would connect directly to the TV with HDMI.

Solution