Here's How to Get a Free iPhone 4S 16GB at Target

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You can use incentive networks to get free apple products. It's a pity there not widely used, because otherwise it would be a hell of a lot easier! Some of the best networks have been featured on The Gadget Show, T3, BBC News, and CNN.

Check out http://www.ipaidnothing.co.uk for more!

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
This is one of the worst articles I've ever seen on Tom's. There is nothing about a free iphone 4S 16GB here, just trading in your own iphone (for a lot less money than you can get elsewhere). If I wanted an advertisement to get ripped off, then I wouldn't be at Tom's; I'd go where I expect this kind of crap like Yahoo.

I bet Target is quite happy to rip off their unimformed customers and now Kevin has seemingly tried to help them do just that. I wasn't expecting much from an article whos title involves free Apple products, but I'm disappointed in how Tom's is being used to help Target rip people off.

[citation][nom]Alex James @ ipaidnothing[/nom]You can use incentive networks to get free apple products. It's a pity there not widely used, because otherwise it would be a hell of a lot easier! Some of the best networks have been featured on The Gadget Show, T3, BBC News, and CNN. Check out http://www.ipaidnothing.co.uk for more![/citation]

Some people are above spamming other people.

[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]settle downits called a headline...they are suppose to grab your attention...people on here are such tight asses... relax is just a article... OMG[/citation]

That is not a valid excuse for lieing to us. When a site such as Tom's makes a statement, it had better be true. This article was a complete slap to the face and most of these reactions are justified.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
You can be sure of one thing. I wont be going for an iPhone even if they were giving them away. Oh, maybe I would if they were giving them away. I would turn around and sell it to a wannabe zombie in Ebay.

DaveUK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
One word for this 'article' Tom's - disgusting.

Providing goods in exchange for credit does not constitute 'free'

Oxford English dictionary:

for free
informal without cost or payment:

Providing goods is a cost, and therefore this (advertisement) isn't just inaccurate, it's technically false advertising and therefore illegal.

I hope that someone on the senior management team at BesfofMedia pulls the article before swiftly warning/disciplining the editor and writer that allowed this to happen at Tom's.

G

What's with all the harsh responses? This wasnt a misleading article. I have an iPhone 4, if I want to upgrade to a 4s, it will cost $200. The article is pointing out a special deal where I could do that without paying $200, thus it's free. Yeah, it requires a 2 year contract, so? If I paid $200 I'd have to sign up for the same 2 year contract, and since I still have to have cell service anyways the only downside to that is not being able to upgrade again for 2 years.

And the fact that you can get a little more on eBay if you're lucky doesn't make this any less free or a bad deal, though that would have been a good point for the article to bring up.

G

What's so special about this and Target? You've been able to do the same exact thing at Best Buy Mobile for years now. And not just iPhones but any mobile device including Android and Windows phones.

And if you bought the $30 buy-back you'd be getting $300 for your iphone 4 16g not just $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.