Here's my stuff: How do I connect it?? :(

rae888

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
Back of Sony BluRay wifi player (on top), cable box, and on bottom JVC Receiver - rather old:
stereo009_zps0bca11f0.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Back of TV fairly new Samsung LCD :

Side of TV:

My connectors: ( I have more if needed )

Stereo wires (from an old Bose surround sound system):

I have subwoofer and 5 speakers. I'm having trouble connecting so that sound comes out all 5. Not sure what goes where! The way I had it before, sound on all 5 speakers only worked with the cable t.v. Then I hooked up the new Sony Blu Ray and sound only comes out the speakers near the t.v. but not the other 3. :??:

=142233468&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4]http://

1. Connect the cable box to the TV with HDMI cable and to the JVC with an optical cable to the optical input. (Digital 1). Set audio menu in cable box to output 5.1 via optical and 2.0 via HDMI
2. Connect the Bluray to the TV with HDMI and to the JVC with a coax digital audio cable to the coax input (Digital 2). You may have to set audio menu same as you did for cable box.
3. You will have to assign digital 1 and 2 to the appropriate inputs on the receiver.
4. After connecting the speakers you will have to go through setting up the receiver so it knows what speakers are connected and whether they are large (will play bass) or small (will send bass to sub or large speakers). Follow the manual for full setup details.

bote110

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014
HDMI cable from Cable Box and Blue Ray to TV and Digital {fiber optic cable} cable from TV Digital out to JVC Receiver to TV Digital In . What ever plays thru the TV comes out thru the Receiver only when you want to hear surround sound. Should be a selector on the Receiver for TV. If not just remember witch Digital in that the TV goes in and that will be the selection you have to pick. If you connect all your components to the receiver than the Receiver has to be on all the time when watching TV or a Movie.

:)

rae888

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
didn't work. :( Not sure how to go into set up. dvd player detects it automatically but my cable isn't playing sound. I connected the optical cable from back of tv to receiver.

rae888

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
I just hooked up a red/white yellow cable between the cable box and receiver and now they are both working. I had tried that with optical cable but that wouldn't work. I don't understand why one would work but not the other. Oh well, alls good now. I am looking forward to day when they make a completely wireless speaker system! What a headache it was dealing with these speaker wires!