Here's the one missing thing I need to know before I buy an Apple Vision Pro

Jun 8, 2023
I don't think the HoloLens or Magic Leap comparisons are more relevant as the FoV on those things is tiny. The Vision Pro is essentially a VR headset with advanced pass-through, as opposed to the AR devices you mention. So you are going to get an FoV comparable to current VR headsets (between 95-105 degrees, more if you're very lucky).

As you likely know, the AR headsets you mention overlay a small digital window onto your natural FoV, which is jarring when you look around and content gets cut-off when you look outside of that small window, as it's not clear where the augmented reality window begins or ends. This doesn't happen with a VR headset because everything within your FoV is digital. The trade off is have the black bars around your peripheral vision like you're looking through ski goggles.

Jun 8, 2023
I wouldn't be too concerned by the FOV. As mentioned in another comment they are using video see-through. You can expect the FOV to be at least what you get on recent VR HMD. You won't get that dreaded post stamp virtual image you get on the Hololens. The problem will be related to overlaying and synchronising the virtual data on the video feed from the live environment. We are talking about a massive resolution that will need to be processed in real time according to the motion of the wearer. In case you move your head sideways in a fast motion you may get out of sync. Same if you are using it in moving vehicle. What it means also is that it will not be usable as professional AR tool in most settings due to safety concerns. At this price point not many consumers will buy one. What is left will be creative professionals for virtual prototyping and training in mix environments, two areas where Apple has a strong footprint.