Hi, I am helping my brother finding a laptop, I have made some criteria (see thread)

Bimseby

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
My brother is looking to buy a new laptop. The budget is 1000 USD.
Here is what specs the laptop needs to have:
- High end graphic (as much as possible for the price)
- HDD, at least 750 gb
- Intel processor i5/i7
- 8 gb ddr3 ram
- at least 15" screen, no touch
- The audio is to be good
- Battery: does not matter
- Weight: well... not too heavy
- Brand: does not matter

I am not too good at finding the right laptop among all the laptop offers. I hope you can come up with a good recommendation if you know any laptop that fits the specs. The main focus is to get a really good GPU for the price.

Many thanks in advance from my little brother and me :)

mike789

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I think lenovo has made a few nice models for that price that have better gpu's than most of the other brands. And from what I've heard they are quite reliable too.

Willie0

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
get an ASUS or Lenovo brand. they are cheaper and more reliable than the known names in the market. With light weight, they can be used for all local and WIfi/VPN functions without any ram slowness.

mike789

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I am sure all of the above (asus,msi,lenovo) have some good solutions. Damn I have bought hardware from each and every one of them and it all came out good. Just get the one that has the best gpu, if its the same, aim for the best monitor, laptops are always better when they have a good screen, especially if gaming is a prime concern and the laptop is going to be used as a primary PC. The rest of the specifications you need are covered by pretty much any solution.

LummusMaximus

Honorable

I strongly suspect your post is a series of buzzwords?

Do you mean there's enough memory to surf the web well?