Hi I have a Samsung monitor s24d300 and want to use it for the Xbox. How would I get it to have sound

Gavin3000

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Tech question on how to get a monitor to have sound by just connecting it to the Xbox an some speakers

zesun

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Xbox one? or xbox 360?

There are many ways you can hook up sound... but it's a little difficult giving advice when we have no idea how you setup is... besides your monitor.
Do you have external speakers? What kind? Do you have a soundbar? Sound system? DAC? ...

I can tell you how i have done with my ps4. I have my ps4 hooked up to the same monitor as my computer, with no sound but just video through hdmi. I then connect an optical cable from p4 to a dac and then from that through my pc via line-in (analog). This way i get all sound through my pc no matter if i game on pc or ps4. You can do something similar if that is your intent (audio through pc) or else give us some more information on your speakers/dac/system etc.

zesun

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Xbox one? or xbox 360?

There are many ways you can hook up sound... but it's a little difficult giving advice when we have no idea how you setup is... besides your monitor.
Do you have external speakers? What kind? Do you have a soundbar? Sound system? DAC? ...

I can tell you how i have done with my ps4. I have my ps4 hooked up to the same monitor as my computer, with no sound but just video through hdmi. I then connect an optical cable from p4 to a dac and then from that through my pc via line-in (analog). This way i get all sound through my pc no matter if i game on pc or ps4. You can do something similar if that is your intent (audio through pc) or else give us some more information on your speakers/dac/system etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Apps General Discussion 2
D Apps General Discussion 1
C Apps General Discussion 1
L Apps General Discussion 1
T Apps General Discussion 3
A Apps General Discussion 1
R Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 2
T Apps General Discussion 1
J Apps General Discussion 9
T Apps General Discussion 1