Hi, my computer recently broke and I had all my sims 4 files on it (packs etc.) is it possible to "re-install" the game onto a

Catherine_20

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Okay, I have had a laptop for about 3 years now, and the screen on it has broke so the laptop turns on but the screen doesn't work. I had all my sims 4 files and things such as expansions, game and stuff packs, as well as a large amount of custom content. I was wondering is there was any way to sort of retrieve at least the game and the packs I had.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Kohai-Amber Laptop Tech Support 2
Akshathere2022 Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 1
ChristineCook Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 15