High battery wear already after 10 cycles

ThrustOG

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
(Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this but laptop and phone batteries are quite simular) Anyway I bought a replacement battery for my iphone and since its jailbroken i can see how many cycles it has and how many mAh it has. When i first started it it had 0 cycles and 100% of the mAhs. But already after 10 cycles the wear is at 96%. My old original iphone battery had around 93% mAhs after 300 cycles so something is wrong here. Is it a bad battery or should i buy one from a different company?

Mister_MO

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Wear of battery isn't its degradation, it just says how much it can charge until it reaches maximum allowed charge(voltage). They make all batteries with same firmware. Once you charge it, it will remember how much charge it stored and this will be new 100% reported charge, but it can differ from 100% from factory and this difference is reported wear level. If your battery wear level will go down fast it is probably faulty battery. If it stays or even go higher than it is now, that is normal and will happen to all batteries. Normally battery firmware have self calibration, that triggers when you fully discharge it and then let it fully charge. This will let it know how much real capacity it has.

Slow Pri

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Well... with iPhone's if you don't purchase the original battery from Apple you will get a third party one. Third party ones can cause issues and this is why I cannot recommend them.

Just know don't expect the battery to last you long if you don't go OEM.

Mister_MO

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Wear of battery isn't its degradation, it just says how much it can charge until it reaches maximum allowed charge(voltage). They make all batteries with same firmware. Once you charge it, it will remember how much charge it stored and this will be new 100% reported charge, but it can differ from 100% from factory and this difference is reported wear level. If your battery wear level will go down fast it is probably faulty battery. If it stays or even go higher than it is now, that is normal and will happen to all batteries. Normally battery firmware have self calibration, that triggers when you fully discharge it and then let it fully charge. This will let it know how much real capacity it has.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
2 Laptop Tech Support 2
pyro_isn_oob Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
bb86 Laptop Tech Support 1
Oshadowassassin Laptop Tech Support 0
tgbao2703 Laptop Tech Support 2