Status
Not open for further replies.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I sit and read your posts here and I really do not believe you actually understand what high end audio is about or even owning speakers which are considered high end audio.

You've been posting here quite a while and you just thought of this now? I like to help these computer/gaming guys with their audio and home theater problems because it's not their main thing and hope I can help them to get things right. Maybe even steer some of the music oriented to entry level high end but it's hard since their expectations about price are pretty low end.
There are many other high end audio forums with lots of people that have already formed valid opinions and they don't need the same kind of assistance.

this subsection is titled "home audio" and not "high end audio". i'm not sure where you got high end from..

also, it seems almost as if your post was meant to be a response to another thread and not a standalone topic. your use of the word "you" is also rather vague and its hard to guess if you are targetting it towards individuals or toms itself.

you do realize that "high end" can mean different things to different people according to their perceptions. to some high end could mean $1000 while to some only $8000 classifies as high end. to still others only $100,000 systems classify.

generally the highest budget for true home audio and theater systems you will see on the forums here is about $2000 while it is much more common to find $400-600 budgets. the people who post here are typically your average joes who do not have the cash or desire to go all out on a system. other audio-centric forums tend to take care of all the high end questions and attract such true high end questions.

--

i'm closing this thread as it serves no purpose other than to provoke argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.