Hiper Media - Slimline HTPC with AMD Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

othercents

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
What were the dimensions of the TV tuner card, or maybe the dimensions that you think will fit? Did you try the AVerMedia PCIe card and maybe getting a PCIe extender from orbitmicro.com? My current setup has a dual tuner card in it, so there isn't a way for me switch without having a dual tuner in it.

I don't see why a manufacturer would design a HTPC without the ability to use the majority of the Tuner Card manufacturers. I think this is the best looking slim HTPC available, but it isn't really user friendly.

Other

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Made a good impression?? Sounds to me like they started off designing and building this thing by making some pretty big assumptions, found out 75% of the way in some major shortfalls and just had to carry on rather then scrap it.
Once again yest another HTPC concept falls flat.

BKD

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
If you?re seriously considering this product, I think you should spend a litte more and get a staight jacket.

I don?t see the value in first limiting yourself to a small box and then adding to that with the commitment to this mobo. All I can say is WTF, get the straight jacket dude, you?ll thank yourself in the end.

To the man that wants to avoid accountability and responsibility, freedom is the ultimate tyranny and love/god is a terrorist. LIve responsibily and please don't drink and breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.