Hit laptop, now it won't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlove21513

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

I didn't hit it that hard tho, i was mad, but I've hit m wall harder then I hit my laptop, but do they charge to have them look at it? && would it be cheaper to just get a new laptop?

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
Hey. I did the same thing. I was mad and I hit the laptop with my hand but no that hard on the right side near the mouse pad. I have an ASUS X550LN. I wanted to ask you @inlove21513 when you took it to a service, what did they tell you and what did they do? Did they save your files afterwards? Thanks!

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
The laptop wont detect the HDD. Ive been to 2 service centers and they cant get the files out. They've tried everything they can they say but they cant get the files out. Any ideas what can I do? The laptop is still under ASUS Warranty and I cant open the HDD. Im thinking it could be the heads but they say that they canno guarantee that it will be the heads. Help..

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
Mobo you mean the electronics of the HDD? That's what they told me at the last service I've been! But where can I find that MOBO or electronis? I don't know anyone who has the same HDD as myn. Can I find it on ebay or something? These files are so important to me! Can you help me a bit more?? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
How am I suppose to search for the HDD? I have to type model and model number? Can you please search for me because I see your really known with these computer stuff. Im not english or something I dont really understand. Im from Macedonia tho.. Please search up for me I will tell you the model and everything that says on the HDD as soon as I get home. It will be an hour or something. Thank you so much in front

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
I just went to another service and they said that they will try everything they can but not sure if they will succeed. If not I will get the laptop ill open it and ill tell you the model number and everything then you search for me. Thank you so much!

bembene

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
getting the data of the HDD shouldn t be a problem. I once destroyed by mistake the HDD of my old laptop. There was data from my work on it from last 6 months. I thought it was an old HDD and i wanted to look inside, so i opened it with a screw driver and hammer. When i found out with my boss I thought I m dead. Wasn t a big problem. Had to sent in the HDD and got the data back 1 week later. Payed quiet a bit for it. About 1k € about 6-8 years ago. I talked to the guy on phone after and he told me he can even recover most of the data when u take a saw and cut it in half....

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
@bembene yes they asked me to pay about 200-300 euros but I don't have those money. There's a cheaper way they've said but not sure if its going to work. I'm still gonna need @shivababbli 's help because he really knows this stuff.

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
197225420e93ce5c1fbd9f4c1211bd77

I just found this HDD. It's new never used. Same Model exactly the same numbers as my HDD that I'm trying to save the files from. If I buy it I will have to just change the electronics (PCB) from the back and put it on my HDD and try to save the files? @shivababbli Help me through this please! Thanks

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015

197225420e93ce5c1fbd9f4c1211bd77

I just found this HDD. It's new never used. Same Model exactly the same numbers as my HDD that I'm trying to save the files from. If I buy it I will have to just change the electronics (PCB) from the back and put it on my HDD and try to save the files? Help me through this please! Thanks

shivababbli

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
do not go to buy as we do not know the exact problem, if we swap and it works then it is great or else you should be going for a platter change, if you could search about that in youtube, if you are geting this for a cheap cost go for it, make sure that hdd is working fine

vaneajta

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015

They say that the electronics MIGHT be dead which is the PCB. I'm gonna change the PCB from the new HDD to my HDD with a friend professional and try to get the data out. If that doesn't work then he says the heads might be stuck on the disc. If that isn't the case as well then I'm gonna have to pay 200-300 euros to get my data back ( but that's not sure as well ). What do you recommend shivababbli?

shivababbli

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
then you try once by changing the pcb, its very easy as removing some screws and fixing back, whereas if the heads are stuck and if you have a pro friend ask with him to change the heads from new to old, or just try to unstuck

Status
Not open for further replies.