hitachi tv wont turn on keeps flashing blue on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

delaro

Distinguished
Sounds like a faulty Mainboard "where the input are" Depending on the price of the TV it could have a All in one board or or separate Power/Input/ TCON boards. Post the Model # and I can give you a price, Flat Screens are Real easy to fix if you take a little time to troubleshoot.

delaro

Distinguished
Is it worth fixing? That depends on if you were happy with it before it broke, it's a 50 inch 720p DLP Rear Projection LCD capable of Resizing to 1080i .

Here is the Service Manual, most of the time a good cleaning can resolve issues with Rear Projection LCD's as they have cooling fans and Filters that need to be checked every so often. If a cleaning doesn't help then the voltage on the Power Board needs to be checked. This is all assuming you have basic knowledge with Electronics. I do this kind of work here in my area, $50 cleaning if it's brought to me and $75 if I have to go to the customers house. That being said if you don't think you can do this then consult a TV repair Service in your area and ask what they would charge.

http://elektrotanya.com/hitachi_50v500_60v500a_chassis_lc37_f.pdf/download.html

jimbob23456

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.