HLN617W Samsung Mode Not Supported

Ajwins79

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello,

I recently found a 2004 HLN617W Samsung DLP tv for free (semi flat screen). I noticed at first that it does not have ANY HDMI ports on the back. I went out and bought a component to HDMI converter and the computer worked perfectly! But the PS3 does not work AT ALL. I have done the whole Hold down the power button for 5 seconds but it doesn't work. The Av cables worked fine on the tv so I was able to configure a few different options on the PS3 but nothing worked not HDMI to Component all 480p 720i and 1080i/p checked and then unchecked. My computer stopped working after I changed the resolution which leads me to think if I can change the resolution on the PS3 it might work but any help I can get I will take and hope it works. To sum up I get the Mode Not Supported error while plugging in HDMI cable into converter. The converter plugs component cables into the TV and should work but does not. Thank you

That TV is 1280 x 720 resolution (720p). You will need to set your sources to this resolution. Since you are using an HDMI to component converter the source can't detect the screen resolution as it would if you were connected HDMI to HDMI.
If you connect a computer to it set it as your 2nd screen. Set that to above resolution and it will work fine.

Ajwins79

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I have found a temporary solution that will keep my computer connected I did what you said sort of. By plugging in my dvi cable and HDMI I was able to auto-detect the right resolution for the computer and voila it works on both the dvi input and HDMI. The PS3 is not working at all I will try an av/HDMI trick like the similar one I did and try to see if that'll make it work. Thank you again.