Hole Found in iOS 4.1, Hackers Going to Jailbreak

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyro0

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
[citation][nom]truehighroller[/nom]They're never ever, going to ever make them Jail Break proof so why even waste time on trying to?? [/citation]

its like saying, why clean my room when its just going to get messy again? oh wait..

pakardbell486dx2

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
So far, the good people from DEV have stated that this will for now be a tethered jailbreak, meaning if you turn off or restart your idevice you will have to rejailbreak it. So for now don't upgrade to 4.0.2 or 4.1, that is if you still want to keep your jailbroken idevice jailbroken and unlocked. Also upgrading to 4.1 means upgrading the base band, and that is something you can't downgrade = no possible way to carrier unlock. This is what what we have for now, but rest assure there are people trying to find better ways to fight this and make Steve Jobs cry at night.

crus_russ

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
lol @ all the jailbreakers who cant upgrade. I am just patching mine now, I hope the fixed the performance issues on 3g version.

G

its like just installing a new os on a computer its not ilegal and apple should know better THERE SLOGAN IS THINK DIFFERENT i dont think that they were thinking at all when they made jailbreaking harder

Status
Not open for further replies.