Holiday Gift Guide: Laptops and Ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hmmm, I didint read any of this, sorry, but i did check the ncix asus windows 8 video.
Seems pretty cool. I like the new task manager, also the way he said asus was funny :p
Ill have to come back to this review with an image blocker or something to read it :)

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]5. Alienware M18x NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOnot the duckface!!!!!!!!!![/citation]

I didn't know there were more women! Site needs TomsFapguide.com

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Please list the # of memory slots in Laptops when you do this.
I can't seem to find a decent lightweight 15" 1080p IPS-screen laptop w/ 4 memory slots....everything w/ those specs ends up being a gaming laptop that weight 8lbs :p

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]kenyee[/nom]Please list the # of memory slots in Laptops when you do this.I can't seem to find a decent lightweight 15" 1080p IPS-screen laptop w/ 4 memory slots....everything w/ those specs ends up being a gaming laptop that weight 8lbs :p[/citation]

This is generalizing, I know, but gaming laptops are probably NEVER going to have IPS displays or four RAM slots. Those are things you'll find on workstation laptops, like Lenovo's W series of ThinkPad's.

-Devin Connors, Tom's Guide

G

my personal experience with Sony is that they are neither dependable or accurate in their advertising. I purchased a notebook from Sony. In a short time the keyboard became defective causing the laptop to be uncontrollable. i called Sony and they said return it to where you bought it. They refused to take it back an directed me to NY or King of Prussia. I traveled to the NY location, a major building in NYC, where they refused to accept the item for repair. They did say they would have a suitable box sent me to return the item for repait. Upon the return of the item it did not work and as before some of the keys were not grounded.
i sought to return the item but they refused although their advertising proclaims a no hassle return policy. Thus I am stuck with a laptop that does not properly function and a company that does not honor its own advertising....

G

Toshiba Portege price is now $699 ... http://www.ultrabooksworld.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.