Holographic HUDs Could Go Into Wing Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
dumb. I just wish people would learn how to drive. Last thing they need is for someone not looking ahead because they are reading a message in thier side mirror.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
I don't get it, what is this for? so driver needs to look then read what's in the mirror? that's going to cause crashes.

Mirror is just for quick checks, not reading or analysis.

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]I don't get it, what is this for? so driver needs to look then read what's in the mirror? that's going to cause crashes.Mirror is just for quick checks, not reading or analysis.[/citation]

You don't have to write information, ever heard of visual information.

If when you look to the rear view mirror see a red halo (e.g.) around an aproaching car this will informe you quicker and better than regular mirror...

that's my "view" of this subject

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]lvlouro[/nom]You don't have to write information, ever heard of visual information.If when you look to the rear view mirror see a red halo (e.g.) around an aproaching car this will informe you quicker and better than regular mirror...that's my "view" of this subject[/citation]
+1. And this should also eliminate the need to turn around to check the blind spot assuming they integrate it with a radar type system.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]a virus in a HUD :> awesome.[/citation]

Cars don't kill people. Viruses messing up your windshield kills people.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
OFF TOPIC
Rear mirrors in most cars suck big time!
I have mounted an addon mirror (used by many taxi drivers - they know better) on top of the factory one that greatly reduces the right blind spot. Before camera mirrors become widely available I suggest you buy one.

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Kewl hopefully this will mean HUDs will be in more affordable models.

I'll stick with my regular mirrors tho, much less likely to fail than a camera and if you move your head you can get more field of view out of em than a camera. Remember, not everything has to be high tech to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.