Home / Commute Headphones

windowskm

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
My loud tube commute has led me to investigate noise cancellation headphone options. Currently I've been upping my buds volume to an unsafe level to overcome the background noise. I'm not looking to spend over £200 but obviously if I can get away with lower that's also good. I primarily will be using for podcasting but also enjoy music (preference tending towards warm bass, but nothing too heavy). I'm UK, London based.

Below are the options I've come across with the rough prices I've found. Advice I'm looking for; Are any of these a particularly good deal? Are there any models I should also consider? One thing I was quite unsure about is are some of these models quite older than others, and perhaps lacking in more modern tech?

Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 £200
Plantronics Backbeat Pro £142.94
Sony h.ear on MDR-100ABN £179.16
AKG N60NC £199.00
Sony MDR-ZX770BN £101.32
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC £169.95

Budget: <£200
Source: Phone/Laptop
Isolation: Cancellation (ideally)
Connection: Wired/bluetooth (no preference)
Type: Full size/Over ear (flexible on this)

Solution
I use the Sennheiser HD PXC 450 for airline travel. They are good, because even if you have a dead battery, you can flip a switch and use them as dumb headphones. They use standard AAA batteries rather than a rechargeable.

kanewolf

Judicious
I use the Sennheiser HD PXC 450 for airline travel. They are good, because even if you have a dead battery, you can flip a switch and use them as dumb headphones. They use standard AAA batteries rather than a rechargeable.

Solution

windowskm

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013

Thanks for the reply! Bit outside my budget unfortunately :'( They look awesome though!