Home Network Audio and Intercom Design Help

ohstop57

Estimable
Feb 11, 2014
I need advice - need to extend my network to proximate detached garage and add intercom and music in both house and garage. Would like to use my bose desktop wired speakers but not sure how to route music to them and power them. Would something like Alexa or other digital asst work. I can add a router to my current home router for just audio distribution but dont know where to start.
I have 4in pvc running from house to garage but water line and 110 elec already in it - perhaps ok with cat6 or other ethernet. Distance to garage is only 40ft / 100 ft if wired.
Help
Inventory consists of
4 Bose wired bookshelf speakers
several routers
incoming hughesnet modem/router
ability to add alexa or other DA, orbi or other mesh or non mesh routers
ability to run cabling inside and out to garage (would rather not)

Solution
Yes two Alexa devices will act as an intercom, and WiFi should no have any issues with going to the garage (best result would be if you place the router closest to the garage. You can stream music from the Alexa in the garage to your speakers (with an amp of course) or to some powered bluetooth or wired speakers.
Yes two Alexa devices will act as an intercom, and WiFi should no have any issues with going to the garage (best result would be if you place the router closest to the garage. You can stream music from the Alexa in the garage to your speakers (with an amp of course) or to some powered bluetooth or wired speakers.

Solution