hooking up my denon

Connect the pre out of the Denon to any analog audio input on the Yamaha. You may have to assign that connection to an input name in the input set up menu of the Yamaha. Check the manual.
The volume setting on the Denon affect the input level to the Yamaha. Leave the Yamaha volume where you usually use it. Turn the volume on the Denon all the way down and start it playing. Then bring the level up until it matches the level you usually get and leave it there. Choose a surround sound mode that is made for a stereo input such as Dolby Prologic II music.
That will let you play back from the Denon to the Yamaha. You can't record from the Yamaha to the Denon since the Yamaha doesn't have a record output,

Without model numbers we can't give you an exact answer.
If your Denon has a record output you can connect that to the Yamaha.
If the cassette deck is the only source for the Denon then you can connect that directly to the Yamaha. Any analog audio input will work.

tonybax

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017

hi my yamaha is rx v 477 and my denon is ud-m50
thanx

Connect the pre out of the Denon to any analog audio input on the Yamaha. You may have to assign that connection to an input name in the input set up menu of the Yamaha. Check the manual.
The volume setting on the Denon affect the input level to the Yamaha. Leave the Yamaha volume where you usually use it. Turn the volume on the Denon all the way down and start it playing. Then bring the level up until it matches the level you usually get and leave it there. Choose a surround sound mode that is made for a stereo input such as Dolby Prologic II music.
That will let you play back from the Denon to the Yamaha. You can't record from the Yamaha to the Denon since the Yamaha doesn't have a record output,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smackiepipe Audio 6
Askalpone Audio 0
C Audio 1
G Audio 1
S Audio 2
S Audio 2
A Audio 4
Null895 Audio 1
F Audio 2
F Audio 3
klockem Audio 0