Solved! Hooking up two separate speaker systems

Nov 11, 2018
I wish to play two wireless speaker systems simultaneously and in sync. I have Sony STR DN1080 receiver, Sony HT ST500 bar, Samsung Qled7 tv, satellite box and wireless internet connection
.I wish to connect all together so I can receive films and stream music in Dolby atmos. I wish to play two rear speakers at same time as soundbar.I am aware that the sony bar delivers this but would like rear speakers as well . Can I set up this configuration?

Solution
The Sony receiver is meant to be used with passive speakers and can't be used with the soundbar.
There is no mention of adding surround sound speakers to the Sony soundbar on the Sony website so I would say you can't do that.
If you want real surround sound you should use the receiver and passive speakers. That receiver can do a 5.2.2 Atmos system. If you want to do Dolby Atmos properly you need ceiling mounted speakers. Using upward facing speakers like the soundbar or some other systems use isn't the same at all.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from pax0sone : "Can one play two separate speaker systems from two separate receivers simultaneously and in sync. Want both systems to be conn"

The Sony receiver is meant to be used with passive speakers and can't be used with the soundbar.
There is no mention of adding surround sound speakers to the Sony soundbar on the Sony website so I would say you can't do that.
If you want real surround sound you should use the receiver and passive speakers. That receiver can do a 5.2.2 Atmos system. If you want to do Dolby Atmos properly you need ceiling mounted speakers. Using upward facing speakers like the soundbar or some other systems use isn't the same at all.

Solution