hooking up wireless speakers to stereo receiver without bluetooth

janm8

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
I have an Onkyo stereo receiver, with 2 sets of wired speakers connected to it, and would like to add a 3rd set for the patio. I Would like to use wireless speakers for the patio, but do not have a Bluetooth connection. Is there a way to have wireless speakers without any Bluetooth connection (i.e. Iphone, etc) ?

John Cluny

Estimable
Oct 16, 2015

Hi. I have a similar question but am using a Marantz MCR610 receiver = and this doesn't have a tape record output. (It does have 'audio out' sockets and a headphone socket). Is there any way of connecting this to a wireless speaker such as the Cambridge Audio GO...??

JazzFanJeff

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

The "audio out": are the same as "tape record out" I have a Marantz CR 603 and I use the setup described (Miccus RTX to a set of Polk Hampden wireless speakers). Keep in mind that these are a line feed, meaning that the volume control on your receiver will not control volume to the speakers. The Hampdens have their own volume control, but I can't speak for all Bluetooth speakers.

Marcus_20

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016

Am I able to use wired speakers in conjunction with this?.... Meaning if I wanted a surround sound feel, and two speakers are wired to the receiver and two speakers across the room are not, can I still get sound from all 4 at once, or is it one or the other?

rschamess

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016

I didn't find that I could control the volume anywhere in this chain -- I used my old receiver's "tape output" jack, which seems to be volume fixed. And there was no volume control on the BT speakers, or the Miccus.

rschamess

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Ack I was looking for volume-control wireless speakers ... now they just have to be weather-proofed!

vin3345

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Did you get the answer to this question as i have the same question. I want my wired speakers to work in conjunction/in-sync with a wireless speaker on the patio. I was thinking i could connect a wireless transmitter to the headphone jack for this purpose?

sgarg12

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Americanaudiophile:

I have just moved into a new house. 4 rooms downstairs (only) have inbuilt wired speakers. What receiver should i get so that I may hook up these wired speakers and also have speakers in each of the 3 bedrooms upstairs connected by wifi to the receiver. Would it be possible to have different music play in different rooms? Thanks...

vin3345

Commendable
May 9, 2016
I'm finding the bluetooth wireless speaker is a split second behind the wired speakers when i connect the transmitter to the headphone jack (unusable). I'll try connecting to the Tape-REC phono's but i'm starting to think it's not possible to use wired and wireless together in perfect sync as i guess the bluetooth signal will always take that bit longer to process??? Who'd have thought longer speaker wire was the future :)

Heather_923

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

I have similar question. We have an old Kenwood audio-video stereo receiver (KR-V7040) with 2 wired Bose speakers. I would like to add 2 wireless speakers to get a surround sound feel. Would the RTX work with my receiver and would I be able to use both the wired and wireless together to get (as mentioned above) surround sound?

Johnfbayne

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

After listening to your video and reading the information, it is not clear to me that the above device will allow me to play my current wireless stereo system CDs, record, etc. to wireless speakers?
Can you clarify?
Thanks, John

barkmanj

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017