Solved! Hooking up your TV to your PC

colleenprpl

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Can any one help me with info on how to hook my TV up to my PC, I have hooked up the video with a cable, but can not figure out the Audio so I can actually have the speakers from the PC play the sound from the TV programming.

Solution
You are trying to run the should from... a cable company through your computer speakers?

Really depends on what type of speakers you have. With some you can go directly to the speakers, or you may have to plug into the "Line In" on your computer sound card. This may be muted by default, so you will have to turn that on.

scaye

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2007
You are trying to run the should from... a cable company through your computer speakers?

Really depends on what type of speakers you have. With some you can go directly to the speakers, or you may have to plug into the "Line In" on your computer sound card. This may be muted by default, so you will have to turn that on.

Solution

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
This has a few scenarios to be ironed out and ask.

1. What type of connections and video card are you using?

If you are using a high end video card, you can use a HDMI connection from your video card to your TV. This will carry both video and sound from the computer to the TV.

2. Do you want the sound from your TV speakers or from a digital sound system in the room?
In that case, you can hook the computer to the TV by any video means capable and have an optical sound out put from the computer to the digital sound system. This is assuming that your computer has an optical soud output.
Some TVs have a sound output, so you can have both sound and video to the TV and have the TV output the sound to the digital sound system.

As you can see, alot more info is needed in order to fully help you with your setup.

TRENDING THREADS