How and Why to Root your Android: 15 Worthwhile Apps

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

As a newbie, I got through the rooting process fine, thanks! But what about immediate after-steps? Like, once SuperOneClick says Phone now Rooted, then instructions to Remount the SD card, Turn off USB Debugging Mode, etc? I know it sounds simple, but there's that hesitation of whether you're properly through the rooting process and possible dangers of just unhooking cables, etc. Then the instructions that go into downloading different apps from the Market and the benefits of having them.

G

I thought about rooting my phone, an HTC Sensation, to get rid of the useless crap that Vodafone installed and that nobody uses but having read loads of different forums, not understanding what on earth they are on about as even the noob section is written for the very experienced and not the noob, and then finding page after page after page on every site of people who now have problems with their phones I decided not to touch it. Looking at the forums it would appear that if you root your phone, install a custom rom and your phone works well afterwards then you are extremely lucky. That to me is far too high a risk because if you brick it then there is no going back and you have no warranty. Added to that the fact that most people have their phone on a contract makes leaving it well alone a no brainer.

G

so i got a merge for big red and tryin to watch a video for rooting it but no one has tryed can some one help me just dnt wanna mess the phone up

G

hello.....i have a new idea smart phone.......plzz tell the appropriate root app

supertrampcc

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Hi, I'm new to Rooting and I downloaded superoneclick 2.2 and I have followed the steps in this article, but when running the superoneclick program, it freezes up after "Connecting to daemon" and goes to Not Responding.

What else can I try?

Thanks

jasonpyktel

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I beg to differ with what stated by Anonymous 08/26/2011 10:14 PM above second comment down from top. SuperOneClick rocks in my opinion. When every single app from z4root and etc wouldn't work. It was SuperOneClick that came through when I thought all was lost and hopeless in the matter forever under the power of cell company t-mobile. Just because the app didn't work for you our probably inexperienced as It took me a few times to figure out. I had to figure out that the superuser app showing no programs that , that was not was it was intended for and installing a root uninstaller app for uninstalling system apps and etc and than when needed superuser permission I just click allow and that was it's only purpose. If said rooted but expected programs to be shown and were confused , so uninstalled as I originally did first few times than that would make sense to me. However it has served it's purpose for a lot of people very well and has become very successful in rooting for a lot of people which other apps failed for. It is a come by come experience and case by case regarding the type of phone basis. Please gather your facts more educated and honest being thought out before spilling deceiving non sense. Thanks Much

howtorootandroid

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I have SE x10 mini pro and I really want to root it coz I want to install custom ROM on it. Is this software supported my phone? thanks in advance

junki9

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
eh its not as easy as that really, it takes time, honestly, this was a fairly good article, ALTHOUGH it explains nothing to as why I should root it besides that "you can use certain apps" but why? anyways, if you guys looking for something "easier" or "noob proof" you may want to check out: http://trendingphones.com/how-to-root-android-and-why/

it aint the best, but its something..

ashkal

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
Incomplete article Written in hurry, Un revoked is available only for HTC phone.
After rooting jus run to File managemanet APPs no descriptions in between. after rooting what? why APPs after SupeOneClick? ?????? what this app helps to do after tweaking
Save power, speed up...? What about rooting of Copy/mock phones fom china?

tick marsh

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
I think this article is more helpful for rooting. I root my and my friends phone using this method.
http://howhut.com/how-to-root-android-phone-or-tablet-easy-and-fast-methods/

Status
Not open for further replies.