How can i connect my PHILIPS DSP 30U 5.1 system to my laptop which has only one 3.5mm jack ?

Samurai001

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
5.1 System model number is PHILIPS DSP U30

The Audio system consists:
1: USB input
2: SD card iput
3: For TV :-Left(white)&Right(red)
4: For CD&DVD:- FL(white),FR(red),C(white),RL(white),SW(red),RR(red)

The Laptop Model: Lenovo B490 and it has only one 3.5mm jack for both audio out &mic in

Please help me with this problem,i already having the 3.5 jack+red,white cable when i am
using that cable i only little bit sound from the woofers speaker not from the woofer.Once again i request you all to help me with this ....

Thanking you,

Solution
I am always ready to hear from blasphemers. Gotta learn from someone.
Not much info on the Philips online but he says the CD/DVD input has 5.1 RCA inputs.
The USB input is usually for a storage drive and won't work as a USB DAC.
If you use the stereo output of the laptop you would need to have an analog surround sound mode on the Philips. Not as good but it will give you some surround. Try any that it has.
Maybe is blasphamy for me to contradict americanaudiophile but your Phillips doesn't have the required Digital Input, nor 6 discreet amplifier inputs for this box to work.

Your initial setup SHOULD work, but I wager you have the wrong cable. I mean this thing suppose to be standard. You have a 3-collar (very important) 3.5mm on one end and 2 RCA plugs on the other correct? and this laptop works with with any third-party earphones yes?

jdlech

Commendable
May 31, 2016
You say your DSP has a USB input. Therefore, it accepts digital signals. Why don't you use that? The sound quality will be far better than through any laptop DAC.

I am always ready to hear from blasphemers. Gotta learn from someone.
Not much info on the Philips online but he says the CD/DVD input has 5.1 RCA inputs.
The USB input is usually for a storage drive and won't work as a USB DAC.
If you use the stereo output of the laptop you would need to have an analog surround sound mode on the Philips. Not as good but it will give you some surround. Try any that it has.

Solution