Solved! How can I connect portable DVD player to tv

Nov 21, 2020
My portable DVD has a cable which has red white yellow wires and my tv has those ports but the end of this cable is just a 3.5m single male plug and the DVD has only a 3.5m input and red and green inputs (Av in and out)
I guess I need a different cable? But which one?

I just have this at the moment...
https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg03066/lead-4-pole-3-5mm-plug-to-3x-phono/dp/AV18613?mckv=sJwg6atog_dm|pcrid|426684131162|kword||match||plid||slid||product|AV18613|pgrid|100371159038|ptaid|pla-940031081161|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=CjwKCAiAtej9BRAvEiwA0UAWXmEz3a9jz92DNf3KOSd4oZR4OtmtGzh9l1gZUm7cSXUoKOkTLnKKwxoC6i4QAvD_BwE

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Splendid
Looking at the unit, it appears to have an 3.5mm A/V Out (yellow, not red) between the Headphone output and the green A/V input. The cable you linked should plug into the A/V Out port and connect to the Composite video inputs of your TV.

I was not able to find the manual online to see if there were any other additional steps needed.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Barnsley242
Nov 21, 2020
I was wondering if this would do..?

HDMI Male to 3 RCA RGB Audio Video AV Component Cable Lead 1m 1080p

As I have red and green female ports on DVD player (even though no blue)

although I have a usb port on DVD player too so I'll look at a usb to HDMI cable

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Splendid
Looking at the unit, it appears to have an 3.5mm A/V Out (yellow, not red) between the Headphone output and the green A/V input. The cable you linked should plug into the A/V Out port and connect to the Composite video inputs of your TV.

I was not able to find the manual online to see if there were any other additional steps needed.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Barnsley242
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 0
Izare Streaming Video & TVs 5
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
blue_duck Streaming Video & TVs 6
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
THEBDC Streaming Video & TVs 7
kris192 Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 3