How can i expect The Witcher 3 to run my laptop with these specs?

nuruhuine

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hi,
I bought a laptop many months ago with Witcher 3 in mind, which i preordered last year.
The game has since been delayed many times, and i'm not sure i'll be able to play it the way i expected to.
I know that many persons here will be prompt to tell me that the real way to enjoy PC games with maxed out details is with a desktop, and i'll agree with that. However, and because i also use my laptop for work, i needed to prioritize mobility above everything else.
Besides, i can run every single game out there on high ~ ultra with easily above 30FPS, may it be Far Cry 4, GTA V, Dragon Age Inquisition.... You name it.

Anyway.

Here are my laptop specs:
Sager
i7 4810MQ 2.8~3.6Ghz
2 Geforce GTX 880M SLI w/ 16GB Memory
24GB of ram
512 Go SSD
120Mhz 1920x1080 display
Windows 8.1 and of course the very last NVidia drivers: the 350.12.

Now, when i download the "detection.msi" from CanYouRunIt so that the site can check if my pc will be able to run the game properly, it tells me that i can't even run it on minimum requirements because my CPU is out of date. A CPU that i picked up like less than a year ago and it was top of the line at the time...
And when i look at the recommended spec, it tells me that neither my CPU, nor my GPU are up to the task!

Anyway, i'm not sure i can trust that site, and so here i am, asking the community its opinion about whether or not my rig is gonna be able to run the Witcher 3 correctly (above 30FPS) on at least high details.
Another concern that i have is that i read a couple articles saying that SLI won't be supported. If that's the case, i can definitely expect nothing from a single GTX 880M and i'm basically screwed.

Soo, what do you guys think?

nuruhuine

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
1080 on.... ULTRA??!
Well, allow me to doubt it, not that i wouldn't love it, mind you!

I never enable anisotroping filtering or AA on any game when i play at 1080p, it's totally unecessary.

If i can play it on high details at above 30 FPS at 1080p, i'll be terribly happy.

nuruhuine

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Recently, if you followed The Witcher 3 related news, they announced that they ran the game on ultra with a GTX 980. So even if i don't enable AA, anisotroping filtering, tesselation, etc... how can i hope to achieve the same result on 2 GTX 880M SLI, let alone one GTX 880M...

Well, i really do hope that i'll be able to enjoy most of the eye candies, but man the sys req are steep!

nuruhuine

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Well, thanks for the link, the comparaison with the GTX 770 was quite insightful.
As you say, only time will tell...

Thanks for your time amigo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WarrenCoulis Laptop General Discussion 2
T Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 2
W Laptop General Discussion 2
M Laptop General Discussion 3
K Laptop General Discussion 2
M Laptop General Discussion 4
T Laptop General Discussion 8
E Laptop General Discussion 1