How can i expect The Witcher 3 to run my laptop with these specs?

nuruhuine

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hi,
I bought a laptop many months ago with Witcher 3 in mind, which i preordered last year.
The game has since been delayed many times, and i'm not sure i'll be able to play it the way i expected to.
I know that many persons here will be prompt to tell me that the real way to enjoy PC games with maxed out details is with a desktop, and i'll agree with that. However, and because i also use my laptop for work, i needed to prioritize mobility above everything else.
Besides, i can run every single game out there on high ~ ultra with easily above 30FPS, may it be Far Cry 4, GTA V, Dragon Age Inquisition.... You name it.

Anyway.

Here are my laptop specs:
Sager
i7 4810MQ 2.8~3.6Ghz
2 Geforce GTX 880M SLI w/ 16GB Memory
24GB of ram
512 Go SSD
120Mhz 1920x1080 display
Windows 8.1 and of course the very last NVidia drivers: the 350.12.

Now, when i download the "detection.msi" from CanYouRunIt so that the site can check if my pc will be able to run the game properly, it tells me that i can't even run it on minimum requirements because my CPU is out of date. A CPU that i picked up like less than a year ago and it was top of the line at the time...
And when i look at the recommended spec, it tells me that neither my CPU, nor my GPU are up to the task!

Anyway, i'm not sure i can trust that site, and so here i am, asking the community its opinion about whether or not my rig is gonna be able to run the Witcher 3 correctly (above 30FPS) on at least high details.
Another concern that i have is that i read a couple articles saying that SLI won't be supported. If that's the case, i can definitely expect nothing from a single GTX 880M and i'm basically screwed.

Soo, what do you guys think?

nuruhuine

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
1080 on.... ULTRA??!
Well, allow me to doubt it, not that i wouldn't love it, mind you!

I never enable anisotroping filtering or AA on any game when i play at 1080p, it's totally unecessary.

If i can play it on high details at above 30 FPS at 1080p, i'll be terribly happy.

nuruhuine

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Recently, if you followed The Witcher 3 related news, they announced that they ran the game on ultra with a GTX 980. So even if i don't enable AA, anisotroping filtering, tesselation, etc... how can i hope to achieve the same result on 2 GTX 880M SLI, let alone one GTX 880M...

Well, i really do hope that i'll be able to enjoy most of the eye candies, but man the sys req are steep!